NELSON MANDELA BAYOctober 21, 2010
YOUTHWORXSeptember 16, 2016
ENVIRONMENTAL AUTHORISATION PROCESS FOR CULLINAN DIAMOND MINE – MILL PROJECT
Client: Cullinan Diamond Mine
Project Value: +/- R1 500 000
Duration of Project: November 2014 – 2016
Undertook the designing of a water balance system for the CDM, following the due process for the authorization of the Mill Project, which included:
- Environmental Impact Assessment process
- Water Use Licence Application process
- Environmental Management Programme Amendment process
- Preliminary Dam Design
Scope of Work:
- Completed the water balance snapshot measurements
- Designed a water balance schematic and integrated a programme of measurement for the CDM
- Completed the necessary EIA process, including some specialist studies to cover the Mill Plant, RWD and Artificial Wetland Areas.
- Completed a WUL application process to encompass the water use activities of the proposed project activities.
- Amended the present EMPr to incorporate the proposed mining activity/process changes.
- To draw up the Preliminary Design for construction of the required dam.